Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Moving day


It's begun. I'm overwhelmed. I think I knew what I was getting myself into. Maybe I downplayed the lack of privacy, though.

It's going to be an amazing time. The people are super friendly. The activities coordinator is going to do all she can to fulfill my every wish (within protocol), and the food is really, really good.

I got stuck again (7th time) and though the nurse drew blood, it wasn't much. She made it work, but getting to my veins might be the biggest physical problem I have.

On a funny note, I passed yet another pregnancy test. I think that makes 3. And my bone density was recorded for about an hour. Beyond those tests, I have spent day 1 unpacking, reading, working a jigsaw with a few others, and generally getting adjusted to life in my new world.

Oh, on another funny note, I'm now being referred to by color, as are the other subjects. Our stuff is color coordinated. I'm pink. Don't laugh. The other two females here already got purple and red. Seriously, stop laughing. It's not that funny.

I'm in my own room for now. Might have a roommate in the next few weeks. We'll have to see. For now, though, I've got the room to myself, and while I'm on my feet I share a bathroom with the two females next door - Red and Purple.

Don't be shy about asking questions or making requests or recommending books or movies or activities to me. I've got a LOT of free time now! Space Monkey out.

No comments:

Post a Comment